# Available Sources
In the eKuiper source code, there are built-in sources and sources in extension.
# Built-in Sources
Users can directly use the built-in sources in the standard eKuiper instance. The list of built-in sources are:
- Mqtt source: read data from mqtt topics.
- Neuron source: read data from the local neuron instance.
- EdgeX source: read data from EdgeX foundry.
- Http pull source: source to pull data from http servers.
- Memory source: source to read from eKuiper memory topic to form rule pipelines.
- File source: source to read from file, usually used as tables.
# Predefined Source Plugins
We have developed some official source plugins. These plugins can be found in eKuiper's source code and users need to build them manually. Please check each source about how to build and use.
Additionally, these plugins have pre-built binaries for the mainstream cpu architecture such as AMD or ARM. The pre-built plugin hosted in
https://packages.emqx.net/kuiper-plugins/$version/$os/sources/$type_$arch.zip. For example, to get zmq source for debian amd64, install it from
The list of predefined source plugins:
# Use of sources
The user uses sources by means of streams or tables. The type
TYPE property needs to be set to the name of the desired source in the stream properties created. The user can also change the behavior of the source during stream creation by configuring various general source attributes, such as the decoding type (default is JSON), etc. For the general properties and creation syntax supported by creating streams, please refer to the Stream Specification.